EDS Tips and Tricks Webinar
On Wednesday, July 28, Classic Exhibits conducted two Exhibit Design Search Tips and Tricks webinars for Classic Exhibits Distributors. The video recording of the second session covers both basic and advanced techniques for navigating EDS including Past 5 Days, Trade Show Tips, and My Gallery.
The outline below provides a general guide of the topics covered during the webinar.
The Basics (@1:20 min)
- Design Database of 1500 displays, 9000 photo, and 84 articles
- Public Website(s), developed for Classic Distributors and their clients
- 32 Product/Design galleries, mostly Classic but also (2) Optima [OP], (2) CORT [CT], (1) Brumark [BR], and (1) DS&L [DL]
- Divided into sizes or product groups
- Island, Inlines, 10 ft., 20 ft.
- Rentals, Sustainable, Charging Solutions, Counters, etc.
- Quick click menus to search by size, price, or product line
- Specials and Lightning Deals
- Within galleries: product descriptions via bullets, text, and hyperlinks
- Video and audio clips
- Unbranded literature
- Retail prices
Advanced Skills (@ 7:25 min)
- Classic, Branded, Unbranded w/ prices, Unbranded w/o prices
- Search (kit, feature, or any text)
- Associated or related kits
- Advanced Search – Fine-tune your search parameters (@ 10:33 min)
- Price range
- Include or exclude rentals
- Booth size
- Or by Product Gallery Groups
- Check All/Uncheck All
- $7,000 to $14,000
- 10 x 20
- 68 designs
- Fine-tuning: Unclick the pop-ups
- 46 designs
- 4 designs
- Past 5 Days (@ 15:27 min)
- Why it matters
- Search all weeks, View by week, Random
- Search by sizes
- Text search: 10 x 20, custom
- Links to products and job numbers
- My Gallery
- Home Page/Modern Inline Exhibits (@ 19:24 min)
- Corner Clues: backlit, modular, eco-friendly
- Corner Clues: rent
- My Gallery
- VK-1334 | Modular Inline
- Purchase and Rental Prices
- Add to My Gallery
- Rental Price – hardware and graphics
- Links to “Associated Kits”
- Print button
- Specs Tab: Downloadable setup instructions, graphic dims. FAQs, Warranty, along with general information about lead times, exhibit weight (and shipping), and electrical cord management
- P5D – My Gallery
- Trade Show Tips (@ 27:00 min)
- 84 articles organized into 11 categories about trade show regulations, marketing, design, logistics, and a wide range of other topics.
- Why is this important?
- Think of them as Cliff Notes: While you may not need them, your clients do (and you can’t possibly coach them on every topic). You want knowledgeable, smart, and savvy customers because those are the ones that succeed at trade shows. These articles make you the library, the source of that information.
- Secondly, it’s a tutorial, guidebook, textbook for any new employee.
- Examples and how to use it
- My Gallery
- Standard USA Booth Regulations
- 10 Common Trade Show Myths
- 13 Common Trade Show Mistakes
- How to Cut Your Trade Show Costs, Part 1, 2, and 3
- Literally any of the articles about Rentals
- My Gallery – Single-most valuable tool in EDS (@31:16 min)
- Includes Kits, Photos, and Trade Show Tips
- Send My Selections: Simple, straightforward. Unique URL for each My Gallery
- Branded vs. Unbranded
- Saved (2) Ways: Temporarily as a cookie and on our server for 3-4 months
- Virtual Changes
- Clear My Gallery vs. Reset
Classic Exhibits Inc. designs and manufacturers portable, modular, hybrid, and custom exhibit solutions, including Symphony Portable Displays. Classic Exhibits products are represented by an extensive distributor network in North America and in select International markets. For more information, contact us at 866-652-2100 or www.classicexhibits.com.